Thursday, August 9, 2007

waiting...



Well, we set up the page at least :)

It's been kinda crazy around here, participating in outdoor art festivals and trying to juggle both of our ceramic lines, but hopefully by the end of this month, we'll be caught up with everything.

Mid-July to now, we've been working on some custom items/shapes for a client in St. Louis; she's been very helpful with her images and descriptions, guiding us a bit. She really liked our covered bowl for her pits (did I mention this is for an olive tasting shop?) - and at the moment Andy is working on 2 square vessels, which will be made into production molds. We'll introduce them into our own line at the end of November (fingers crossed!)

This weekend (8.11 + 12) is one of our favorite street festivals - Northalsted Street Market Days! Smack in the middle of Boystown here in Chicago, it's tamer now than it has been in the past; I think the core members of the community are getting older :)
But it's still a helluva lot of fun, and we have a lot of friends & fans there.

That's it. I'm off to go through our decals for the ware for this weekend; hopefully I can get Andy to post something here - He has a lot to say :)

-nancy

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for linking to me and it's about time you got a blog!

You 2 are my heros - I'm trying to talk my husband into dumping his corporate gig and forming a creative partnership with me. I think it would be so much easier to do it as a team.

Chi said...

Welcome to blogging! I have been waiting for ages for a blog from you two. I love your work!

[nancy + andy] said...

Cynthia! :) Thank you! It's been difficult trying to balance out our 'street' customers and appearance with our 'online' customers and appearance - And very time consuming!
But we're going to try to keep a blog going - It definitely helps being a team (except when we're both feeling like watching a movie instead of working!)

Chi! :) Thanks! I hope we can keep up with it - We've always been fond of so many bloggers (especially ceramists blogs), we knew there was discipline behind all the posts - I have my fingers crossed that we do it justice :)

-nancy